26.8.12

Miss Beatnik

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket wearing: top by MINKPINK via Market HQ, skirt - Forever 21, belt - vintage, bag - Mimco, bracelet - witchery and boots by Soles.


Today I went to a High Tea at a local restaurant, RockSalt, for a good friend's birthday. It wasn't only the typical scones and sandwiches but amazing duck canapés, brandy snap tarts with blueberries and I chose 'Red Fruits' tea. 

Did you know that there was once a 'Miss Beatnik' pageant in 1959? These girls look like a whole bag of fun, right? I missed out on the short sleeve, off the shoulder top when it was at Market HQ and so quickly jumped on this one when I saw it! I went for a red lip to brighten up the B&W and I just used my lip pencil instead of lipstick (since I cannot eat without getting lipstick everywhere!)

emma

12 comments:

  1. that top is so pretty!

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ps, win a pair of Rayban sunglasses on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, you look amazing, as always ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your top. And your boots. The details on it are super fab :)

    ♥ Megann of Style Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing as always :) The red lip really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING your entire outfit! That stripy off-the-shoulder top caught my eye whilst browsing MHQ, you have styled it perfectly. The red lip looks super sexy too! Reow!


    x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so cute in this outfit, red is def your colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're stunning Emma! I've been meaning to get that top but there's always so much choice at MarketHQ!

    xo
    Chloe from www.chloeting.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually that obsessed with striped tops at the moment. I’ll have to try the off the shoulder look, it looks great!

    Have you tried the high tea at Cronulla RSL? I was surprised by how good it was!

    Mary x
    http://fashionismyboyf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but I'll have to go next time :) Thanks!
      xx

      Delete
  9. You look amazing! Love the black and white. (:

    xx
    www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make me smile!
Leave a comment or a question and I'll try reply here or leave your blog.com and I'll visit you sometime.
Thank you dearest.