21.2.10

favourite things



I thought I'd post some pictures of my old Minolta camera.

It was my grandma's and is now so old the light metre doesn't work so every time i use it i just have to guess the aperture. I love the photos that i take with it but don't use it as much as i wish i could nowadays. The size doesn't bother me (i love walking the streets with it slung over my shoulder) but its just that I'm so used to seeing a photo right after its been taken i am so impatient with the whole film developing process.

In the photos I'm wearing my dads old 'the young ones' t-shirt. (If you've never heard of the young ones it was a British comedy show back in the 80s and mainly got its laughs from slapstick and its strange plot turns.) Its not for everyone but i enjoy it.

And yes, that is a painting of john Lennon. I got it for my 18th birthday and was shipped over from Bali. It pretty much takes up the wall and i love it.

emma

9 comments:

  1. I really love the first shot. Cool room and camera! (I have an old Minolta too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your camera :) and your painting is amazing, as wel as the young ones shirt. you got a very vintage cultured feel in these photos

    xx

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first picture!!!!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the first photo. the john lennon painting especially

    musingsofthecross.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also LOVE that first shot, beautiful! i'll definately check out the Q&A and would definately be interested in answering some questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to the 'camera-slung-over-shoulder' aesthetic. I have an old Praktica and the light metre's broken too so I only shoot in good light. PS...love the Young Ones

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make me smile!
Leave a comment or a question and I'll try reply here or leave your blog.com and I'll visit you sometime.
Thank you dearest.